2013년 10월 6일 일요일

what do i want on my tomb stone

It’s beautiful when everything comes together in my funeral.  Sometimes a couple of elements are enough to die put on newspaper for publication.  It might have a driving plot and round characters but the writing is a little off.  Or, the writing could be gorgeous and the my families's joylessness  but lack much of a plot.  I’ve want to be with both of these issues and still enjoyed my after life very much.  However, with there just isn’t a real weakness.
i hope my grave yard is big and nice and very flat that  i can play soccer.  Understandably, at the beginning of the funeral when the protagonist is an infant, the point of view is pulled back and feels a little bit confiscated.  As Bod grows up, the the friends closes in to him and is much more intimate.  I think the lesson here is this: know whose story you’re telling.  In the first chapter, it’s the story of the graveyard.  Will they take in this orphaned child and what will it mean for the ghostly inhabitants?  But the rest of the book is, without a doubt, Bod’s.  And thus the author focuses on him.Also adding to the flavor  is a tinge of the British vernacular.  Scarlett lives in a flat.  Sometimes the ghosts refer to Bod as Master Bod.  I know this seems like a given, since I’ve already mentioned that this is an ancient one like pyramid   It is extremely, extremely common for an amateur author, (ah-hem…me), to try to set something in England or the deep south or an urban neighborhood and then forget to add that flavor to the narrating.  Furthermore, when I went back through parents and opened it to a random page , I got through three pages before I hit a word that could be considered culture-specific.  So, the lesson I learned here?  A little bit of vocabulary goes a long way. Another thing I learned from this blog that how i leave sneaky in description without dragging down the pace.  Mr. Gaiman slips it around action.  He uses it to draw out tension.  Rich, textured description in this context never feels boring.  In one scene, Bod hears an angry ghost looking for him.  Before the ghost finds Bod, the author chooses to insert a description of the weather and location.  This does two things: it gives the reader a sense of the passage of time (in this case, a few minutes) and raises the tension leading to the confrontation between Bod and the angry ghost.  From this short passage, I learned that sometimes it isn’t just knowing what to say, but where to place it.
Here’s another interesting tidbit: I had to look pretty hard to find a full paragraph of description.  Most of the descriptions were single sentences or even just phrases.  He gets his point across quick.  He uses an economy of words and he trusts the reader’s imagination to do the rest.
I could go on and on about THE GRAVEYARD will be forever but I think I’m going to move on in my next generation.  It’s a complete change of direction and another great peoples death who is me and named bob bob dies here with full of honor love and wifes .AHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAH

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기